Check your brand pulse| Most popular speaking topic
Your brand pulse gives out important clues about you 24/7.
Even in today’s over-saturated landscape, people can still intuitively tell whether your lights are ON/OFF.
They can tell whether you’re communicating you are who you say you are.
It takes a certain kind of creative courage to pay attention to your brand. As in: mastering your own inner environment, pulling back the layers and looking closely at what you do, why you do it, why it matters __ and why anyone should give a damn.
You need people to feel they can trust you.
If your brand pulse is pumping and showing strong, vital signs, it’s a signal that you’re showing up like you mean it in business and life. It’s a message that says you’re aware, mindful, and engage from a more transparent and authentic place. It says your energy, language and voice communicate your intention. This is what creates more trust__it beckons people to lean in closer, hearts beating, eyes gleaming.
This is about enhancing your Brand EQ.
A pumping brand pulse, of course, reflects the degree of emotional intelligence around your business and your own personal brand. It’s one of the most significant reasons why people will want to work for you, be on your team or buy from you. It’s a clue to what’s meaningful and purposeful to you.
FYI More than ever before, emotional intelligence and self-awareness are the 21C meta-skills for for creating a compelling brand. It takes courage and the desire to be transparent, and people can feel the difference.
Concerned your brand might not have a strong, vital pulse?
OK. You’re potentially about to fall into the trap of Dead Brand Walking! Get in touch, and we’ll take care of it. Email email@example.com to start the dialog.
the Brand Pulse Check is one of her most popular topics.
“Van’s unique point of view and infectious energy greatly inspired the audience of women entrepreneurs at my SHINE conference. Her gift for helping business owners show up in the marketplace like they mean it is exceptional. I was delighted to have Van on my speaker roster. I offer my recommendation of her as a stellar guest speaker at your next event.”
–– Ali Brown, Entrepreneur Mentor www.AliBrown.com
Recent Speaking Gigs
• Time Warner Cable: Executive Women’s Association – Los Angeles
• UCLA Extension, Corporate Education & Custom Programs – Los Angeles
• The University of Sydney’s Business School,Masters Program – Sydney
• Australian Human Resources Institute Conference AHRI) – Melbourne
• The Executive Group (TEC) – Sydney, Australia
• Ad:Tech Conference Australia – Sydney
• Australian Association of Management (AIM) – Sydney
• Nous Group Management Consultants – Sydney
• Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO) – New York City & New Jersey
• Working Mother’s Women’s Multicultural Conference – New York City
• International Business Women’s Association – Mexico City
• National Assoc. of Female Executives (NAFE) Women’s Leadership Summit – New York City
• Nestle Nespresso Global Brand Community Workshop Panel – Lausanne, Switzerland
• American University’s MBA Program – Washington, DC
• Pacific Magazines – Sydney, Australia
• Ali Brown’s Shine Conference – Las Vegas
• Fashion Group International Annual Regional Conference (FGI) – New York
• Tory Johnson’s Spark & Hustle Conference – New York
• Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) – New York
• San Francisco State University – San Francisco
• Cornell Club – New York
Most Popular Speaking Topics
• Business Strategies: How to Check the Pulse of your Brand: Avoid Falling into the Trap of Dead Brand Walking
• Creativity & Innovation: Why tapping into your Creative Brand Intelligence is your Best Strategy
• Brand Marketing: Why Brands Fail Online: 5 Principles on Showing up Like You Mean It
• 21C Business Trends: Why Being the Brand Provocateur Today is Top Priority
• Brand Behavior & Influence: Your Brand is Sending out Subliminal Messages 24/7
Her audiences typically include
• Corporate Executives
• Small Business owners
• Start up CEOs and entrepreneurs
• Creative visionaries and innovators
Applause + Raves
“Nimble, imaginative, passionate, expert, curious, evangelist, truth teller – all things that elevate a brand engagement with Mary van de Wiel (Van) from utterly effective to truly fabulous. Van looks at life through the lens of an artist, consultant and philosopher – and looks at brands in a similarly dynamic way that is just right for our hectic times. From the heart, her energy and creativity infuse all her work with brands, and the communities they serve. Her outlook is shaped by a career of amazing leadership appointments and learning experiences. I have only had outstanding experiences working with Van directly and with our clients. I think any brand will be the better for meeting her.”
–– Nick Stravs, Executive Vice President International Consulting EMEA, Weber Shandwick Switzerland
“Van is without question the most creative, energizing, and brilliant communication, marketing and brand visionary I know. She is able to zero in on on a core message and make it sing. She gets whatever the “point-of-pain” your audience might be experiencing and knows how to speak to it. What’s more, with her uncanny ability to engage, connect and captivate audiences, she invites them to co-create an unforgettable experience. Her visual and highly-individualistic acumen has a flair that captures eye and mind, at the same time. In addition to being highly talented – she’s fun and entirely pleasurable to work with. I love working with her, pure and simple.”
–– Janet Wigfield, Vice President, Executive Director, Conferences + Events, Working Mother Media
Van always dares her audiences
Of course, Van makes the branding process fun even though we all know this is serious business. As a speaker, she dares the Brand Guardians in the audience to wear the hat of Brand Provocateur and Master of Serious Play, because it’s what works in business today: Bring meaning, intention and a sense of play to the table, and you’ll have an irresistible and highly-captivating brand on your hands.
“Van is one of the most energizing and engaging personalities I know. What’s more, as a speaker, interviewer or radio host, it turns out she’s an uncommonly engaging natural storyteller. It’s a gift as rare as it is wonderful. On radio, she was able to zero in and roam around my messy brain, and work so intuitively and empathically – that she extracted insights even I didn’t know were there. I give her stratospheric high points for her business acumen, style and chutzpah. Oh yes, and best of all, her contagious optimism makes her a delight to hang with and I look forward to doing again soon. Like, very soon.
–– Brian Collins, Chairman/CEO, Collins Agency, NYC ”
FYI Fortune 500 clients and entrepreneurs of all stripes, from all over the world, long to have captivating and irresistible brands and, along the way, Van’s worked 1:1 with them developing hugely stand-out and successful brands.
“I knew that all our editors, all 25 of them, would walk away thinking totally differently about their brands. As always, Van, you are full of ideas and insights. Thanks for challenging us to be Brand Provocateurs of our own mags. What a sheer inspiration you are.”
–– Julia Zaetta, Editor-in-Chief, Better Homes & Gardens, Pacific Magazines, Sydney, Australia
“Van is a highly original thinker who helped revitalize the NAFE brand by heightening its vitality. On stage, her unexpected and often provocative insights as a brand anthropologist challenges listeners to see differently. She sparks your imagination as she surprises you, whether she’s speaking on stage or working with you one-one-one–and that’s a rare and very good thing!”
–– Betty Spence, Ph.D., President, National Association for Female Executives (NAFE), NYC
Listen to Highlights | NY Brand Lab Radio:
Mary van de Wiel | Van
Founder, Creative Director